- Your Account
To access and use some of the Services, you may need to register with us and set up an account with your email address and a password (your “Account”). The email address you register with will be your email address, and you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You are solely responsible for all activities that happen under your Account.
- Using K9 Connection.
To use the Services, you must be over 18 years old. You agree that you will only post in relation to goods or services in Australia in the appropriate category or area and you agree that you will not do any of the following bad things:
- violate any laws or the Posting Rules;
- post any threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene or indecent material;
- be false or misleading;
- infringe any third-party right;
- distribute or send communications that contain spam, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
- distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm K9 Connection, the Services or the interests or property of K9 Connection users;
- impose an unreasonable load on our infrastructure or interfere with the proper working of the Services;
- copy, modify, or distribute any other person’s content without their consent;
- use any robot spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Services and collect content for any purpose without our express written permission;
- harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent
- bypass measures used to prevent or restrict access to the Services; and/or
- post an ad with the intention to profit from a natural disaster, health or public safety concern, or tragic event.
- Abusing K9 Connection Services
- Global Marketplace
Some of the Service’s features may display your ad on other sites, like on our classifieds sites, including those in other countries. By using the Services, you agree that your ads can be displayed on these other sites. The terms for our other sites are similar to these terms, but you may be subject to additional laws or other restrictions in the countries where your ad is posted. When you choose to post your ad to another site, you may be responsible for ensuring that it does not violate our other site policies. We may remove your ad if it is flagged on any of our sites, or if we believe it causes problems or violates any law or policy.
- Fees and Services
Using the Services is generally free. We may sometimes charge a fee for certain features or Services. If the feature you use incurs a fee, you will be able to review and accept that charge before purchase. If you choose to pause an ad at any stage, any features you have applied to your ad will not be paused. Our fees are quoted in Australian Dollars, and we may sometimes change them. We’ll notify you of changes to our fees by posting the changes on the site. We may sometimes temporarily change our fees for testing purposes, promotional events or new features, these changes take effect from the time the price change is posted to the site. Our fees are non-refundable after the feature is supplied, and you are responsible for paying them when they are due. If you don’t, we may limit your ability to use the Services. If your payment method fails or your account is past due, we may collect fees owed using collection mechanisms, including third party debt collection services. Australian taxes associated with our Services will be collected where applicable. You agree to provide accurate information necessary for K9 Connection to comply with our obligations under applicable law. You are solely responsible for collecting and remitting any applicable taxes resulting from the sale of your items or services listed on K9 Connection’s Services.
K9 Connection’s Services contain content from us, you, and other users. K9 Connection is protected by copyright laws and international treaties. Content displayed on or via the Services is protected as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to copyrights laws and international conventions. You agree not to copy, distribute the Services or modify content from the Services, our trademarks or copyrights without our express written consent. You may not disassemble or decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover any source code contained in the Services. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree not to reproduce, copy, sell, resell, or exploit for any purposes any aspect of the Services (other than your own content). When you give us content, including pictures, you grant us and represent that you have the right to grant us, a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right to exercise any and all copyright, publicity, trademarks, design, database and intellectual property rights to that content, in any media whether now known or to be discovered in the future, including third party sites and applications. You also waive all moral rights you have in the content to the fullest extent permitted by law. We reserve the right to remove content where we have grounds for suspecting the violation of these terms or the rights of any other party.
- Reporting Intellectual Property Infringements (Verified Rights Owners – VeRO)
Do not post content that infringes the rights of third parties. This includes, but is not limited to, content that infringes on intellectual property rights such as copyright and trademark (e.g. offering counterfeit items for sale). We can remove content where we have grounds for suspecting the violation of these terms, our policies or of any party’s rights. If you have a good faith belief that a listing on any of the Services infringes your copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights, all you need to do is contact our helpdesk firstname.lastname@example.org and place in the subject line of your email “Notice of Infringement” (NOCI) and email it to the email address. Only the intellectual property rights owner can report potentially infringing items or listings through K9 Connection’s VERO Program. After we receive your first NOCI, K9 Connection will confirm your enrolment in our program and send you the instructions on how to submit future reports electronically. We can share, in accordance with applicable law, the completed NOCI form with the third party that originally posted the potentially infringing listing.
- Third Party services on K9 Connection
You may use the PayPal payment gateway for some financial transactions on our Services. When you link your PayPal account to your Account, you can use your PayPal account to pay or be paid for items by buyers or sellers while using K9 Connection’s Services. You acknowledge and agree that by utilising any third party services through our Services (such as PayPal), you are bound by the terms and conditions of that third party and we are not liable for any loss, claims or damages howsoever arising in connection with that third party’s services.
If you to link your PayPal account to your Account you appoint K9 Connection as your limited agent to:
- provide to PayPal your name, address, payment amount, item details, item category, and all other information required by PayPal to enable PayPal to process payments to or from your PayPal account; and
- receive payment confirmation and decline notices from PayPal in respect of your PayPal payment transactions.
When you link your PayPal account to your Account, we accept our appointment as your limited agent to undertake those activities specified in the paragraph above. Our appointment as your agent to undertake these activities terminates immediately upon your Account ceasing to be linked to your PayPal account.
If you have a dispute with PayPal, a buyer, or a seller, that does not arise directly as a result of an error by K9 Connection, in respect of any payment transacted (or failed to be transacted) on your PayPal Account, you release us and our affiliates (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees and those of our affiliates) from any and all claims demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known or unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
K9 Connection is not able to access your complete financial details from PayPal or your PayPal account. At no time does K9 Connection hold any of the funds when a buyer pays a seller using PayPal. Funds are transferred directly by PayPal from the buyer’s PayPal account to the seller’s PayPal account after the deduction by PayPal of any relevant PayPal fees. PayPal’s terms and conditions apply to your use of PayPal when you access PayPal’s services from our Services, and you must agree to PayPal’s terms and conditions in order to use the PayPal’s services. You acknowledge and agree that, to the extent permitted by law, we are not liable to you for any loss or damage you incur arising from your use of the PayPal method, unless such loss or damage was as a direct result of K9 Connection’s error, in which case our liability is limited in accordance with clause 11.
- Legal and Financial Advice. You acknowledge and agree that you have the opportunity to obtain independent legal and financial advice from appropriately qualified professional advisers and that you take into account your personal objectives, financial situation and needs before buying or selling an item via our Services.
You acknowledge and agree that the information provided by K9 Connection in relation to using PayPal’s services is factual in nature only and K9 Connection has not provided a recommendation or statement of opinion intended to influence your decision on whether or not to use PayPal’s services and that you cannot rely on any of K9 Connection’s advertising materials, terms, instructions or policies as a recommendation, statement of opinion or financial product advice.
- Limitation of Liability
Services are provided “as is” and “as available”. You agree not to hold us responsible for things other users post or do. As most of the content on the Services comes from other users, we do not guarantee the accuracy of postings or user communications or the quality, safety, or legality of what is offered. Without in any way limiting the above, you understand and agree that any seller listing which utilises the ‘Price Drop’ feature has been applied at the sole discretion of that specific user for their listing. K9 Connection does not in any way represent, warrant or guarantee that a price displayed for any listing on the Services which uses the Price Drop feature is a genuine price reduction.
We also cannot guarantee continuous or secure access to our Services. While we will use reasonable efforts to maintain an uninterrupted service, we cannot guarantee this and, to the extent permitted by law, we do not give any promises or warranties (whether express or implied) about the availability of our Services or that the Services will be uninterrupted or error-free. Notification functionality in the Services may not occur in real time. That functionality is subject to delays beyond our control, including without limitation, delays or latency due to your physical location or your wireless data service provider’s network.
To the extent permitted by law:
- we are not liable for the posting of any unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene or indecent information, or material of any kind by a user of the Service which violates or infringes upon your rights, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable law.
- and without limiting any rights that you may have under the Australian Consumer Law, K9 Connection’s liability to you for any failure by K9 Connection to comply with any statutory guarantee under the Australian Consumer Law is limited to K9 Connection supplying the Services again or paying you the cost of having the Services supplied again.
In addition, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we (including our parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and our and their officers, directors, agents and employees) are not liable, and you agree not to hold us responsible, for any damages or losses (including, but not limited to, loss of money, goodwill or reputation, profits, other intangible losses, or any special, indirect, or consequential damages) resulting directly or indirectly from:
- the content you provide (directly or indirectly) using our Services;
- your use of or your inability to use our Services;
- delays or disruptions in our Services;
- viruses or other malicious software obtained by accessing or linking to our Services;
- glitches, bugs, errors, or inaccuracies of any kind in our Services;
- damage to your hardware device from the use of any Service;
- the content, actions, or inactions of third parties, including items listed using our Services;
K9 Connection excludes any liability to you for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of K9 Connection failing to comply with an applicable statutory guarantee under the Australian Consumer Law if you suffering such loss or damage was not reasonably foreseeable and was not directly caused by K9 Connection.
You will indemnify and hold harmless K9 Connection and our affiliates and our and their respective officers, directors, agents and employees (each an “Indemnified Party”), from any claim made by any third party, together with any amounts payable to the third party whether in settlement or as may otherwise be awarded, and reasonable legal costs incurred by any of the Indemnified Parties, arising from or relating to your use of the Services, any alleged violation by you of the applicable terms, and any alleged violation by you of any applicable law or regulation. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you, but doing so will not excuse your indemnity obligations.
If you have a dispute with one or more K9 Connection users, you release us (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known or unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
- Personal Information
K9 Connection C/- 60 Poplar Avenue, ALBION PARK RAIL NSW 2527
We will send notices to you via the email address you provide, or by registered mail. Notices sent by registered mail will be deemed received five days following the date of mailing. We may update this agreement at any time, with updates taking effect when you next use the site or after 30 days, whichever is sooner. No other amendment to this agreement will be effective unless made in writing, signed by you and by us. Send questions, comments or complaints to K9 Connection Customer Support email@example.com
- Mobile Devices Terms
If you’re accessing K9 Connection Services from a mobile device using a K9 Connection Mobile Application (the “Application”), the following terms and conditions (“Mobile Devices Terms”) apply to you in addition to the applicable Mobile Privacy and Legal Notice or End User License Agreement, as the case may be. Your use of the Application confirms your agreement to these Mobile Devices Terms.
- Application Use. K9 Connection grants you the right to use the Application only for your personal use. You must comply with all applicable laws and third party terms of agreement when using the Application (e.g. your wireless data service agreement). The Application may not contain the same functionality available on the www.K9 Connection.com.au website. Your download and use of the Application is at your own discretion and risk, and you are solely responsible for any damages to your hardware device(s) or loss of data that result from the download or use of the Application.
- Intellectual Property – Applications. K9 Connection owns, or is the licensee to, all right, title, and interest in and to its Applications, including all rights under patent, copyright, trade secret, trademark, and any and all other proprietary rights, including all applications, renewals, extensions, and restorations thereof. You will not modify, adapt, translate, prepare derivative works from, decompile, reverse-engineer, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to derive source code from any Application and you will not remove, obscure, or alter K9 Connection’s copyright notice, trademarks or other proprietary rights notices affixed to, contained within, or accessed in conjunction with or by any K9 Connection Application.
- Prohibited Countries Policy and Foreign Trade Regulation – Applications. K9 Connection Applications or their underlying technology may not be downloaded to or exported or re-exported: (a) into (or to a resident or national of) Burma (Myanmar), Cuba, Iraq, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, or any other country subject to United States embargo; (b) to anyone on the US Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or on the US Commerce Department’s Denied Party or Entity List; and (c) to any prohibited country, person, end-user, or entity specified by US Export Laws. When using a K9 Connection Application, you are responsible for complying with trade regulations and both foreign and domestic laws (e.g., you are not located in a country that is subject to a US Government embargo, or that has been designated by the US Government as a “terrorist supporting” country, and you are not listed on any US Government list of prohibited or restricted parties).
- Additional Terms. Additional terms and conditions that apply to you based on the mobile device the Application is installed on:
iOS – Apple
- These Mobile Devices Terms are an agreement between you and K9 Connection, and not with Apple. Apple is not responsible for the Application and the content thereof.
- K9 Connection grants you the right to use the Application only on an iOS product that you own or control and as permitted by the Usage Rules set forth in the App Store Terms of Service.
- Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the Application.
- Apple is not responsible for the investigation, defence, settlement, and discharge of any third party intellectual property infringement claim.
- Apple is not responsible for addressing any claims by you or any third party relating to the Application or your possession and/or use of the Application, including but not limited to: (a) product liability claims; (b) any claim that the Application fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (c) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
- In the event of any failure of the Application to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple, and Apple will refund the purchase price, if applicable, for the Application to you; and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the Application.
- Apple and Apple’s subsidiaries are third party beneficiaries of these Mobile Devices Terms, and, upon your acceptance, Apple as a third party beneficiary thereof will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Mobile Devices Terms against you.
Windows – Microsoft
- You may install and use one (1) copy of the Application on up to five (5) devices you personally own or control and which are affiliated with the Windows Live ID associated with your Windows Marketplace account. You may not install or use a copy of the Application on a device you do not own or control.
- Microsoft, your device manufacturer, and (if applicable) your wireless carrier are not responsible for providing support services for the Application.
- Microsoft, the wireless carriers over whose network the Application is distributed (if applicable), and each of their respective affiliates and suppliers (collectively, “Disclaiming Distributors”) give no express warranty, guarantee, or conditions under or in relation to the Application. To the extent permitted under your local laws, the Disclaiming Distributors exclude any implied warranties or conditions, including those of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
- You, and not the Disclaiming Distributors, bear the risk of using the Application (even if the Disclaiming Distributors have been advised of the possibility of damages to you). You may have additional consumer rights under your local laws which these Mobile Devices Terms cannot change.
- To the extent not prohibited by law, you will not seek to recover any consequential, lost profit, special, indirect, or incidental damages from any Disclaiming Distributor.
Last Modified: 11 February 2022